Twitter expands its offerings to businesses by introducing ‘Location Spotlight’ feature for business accounts. It will enable the professional account users to display details on their profiles such as the location of their business or shop, contact info, and operational hours.
Calling all brick-and-mortar businesses based in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia!
You can now enable our Location Spotlight on your Professional Account which allows you to display your business location, hours, and additional contact methods!
— Twitter Business (@TwitterBusiness) June 14, 2022
Location Spotlight feature for business profiles
The features of location Spotlight feature includes:
- Business Location: Listed and shown on a small map in the profile spotlight. People can tap on the location map/listing to open Google Maps, or their default map app, for easier navigation to the business’ precise location.
- Hours of operation: This optional field can be customized to showcase the days and times that businesses want people to visit their location.
- Methods of contact information: When the contact button in the spotlight is enabled, it kicks off one or more of the following task-related directly to the business:
- Phone call
- Text message
- Twitter Direct Message
Qualifying for a professional account
Twitter mentioned the prerequisites established by the company in order to qualify for Twitter’s professional account:
- You must not have a history of repeatedly violating the Twitter User Agreement
- You must have a complete profile with an account name, a bio, and a profile picture
- Your authentic identity must be clear on your profile
- Your profile must not feature another person’s identity, brand, or organization, nor does it use a fake identity intended to deceive others
- Profiles that feature animals or fictional characters are ineligible unless directly affiliated with your brand or organization
- Parody and fan accounts are not eligible for Professional Accounts