Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is leaving no stone unturned in digitalizing its resources for government functions. KPK is also said to leave behind every other province in terms of acceleration in the IT industry. KPK is the only province that has launched a universal health care insurance system and therefore has become the only province to digitize its social benefits system too. KPK has also introduced an app called “Mustahiq” for zakat distribution.
On Saturday, the Science & Information Technology advisor to Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Zia Ullah Bangash revealed the launch of the “Mustahiq” app. The application helps one to get information such as information about various KPK Zakat schemes, hospital locations, and contact information of local zakat representatives to the general public.
The idea behind the development of the app “Mustahiq” is to raise awareness among people regarding social awareness initiatives taken by the government also that citizens can have access to it.
Some key features starring the app are:
- The application will allow its users to access local information easily such as schemes of government that include Guzara Allowance, Health Fund, and Jahez Fund, scholarships for KPK students, and funds for Madrasah students in English and local languages – Urdu & Pashto.
- Also, the app will let users locate the locations of the hospitals as well as designated zakat focal persons in the hospitals.
- The application also includes information of district zakat officers and district zakat chairman along with their locations available on the map.
- Option to easily download all scheme forms with the app
- You can also contact district zakat local officers and district zakat chairman directly through the app
“Mustahiq” app is said to be part of the KPK governments’ fellowship program that is a three-way partnership between KPITB, Code for Pakistan, and The World Bank Group.
The fellows contacted several departments of KPK to produce digital solutions. The digital solution would help the government to indulge in an effortless environment and move more towards automation. The fellowship concluded in November last year, with the successful graduation of 20 fellows.
The application easily provides a solution to reach out to the target beneficiaries of Zakat and Social Welfare, for the government, on one hand, and on the other hand, it also helps deserving people to get medical and financial support from the government departments.
The application will help the government to step into a paperless world, also the features integrated into the app will help both the deserving citizens as well as the government.
Image Source: Techjuice