The National Center of GIS and Space Applications (NCGSA) has invited space fans and visual creators from all over the world to participate in the 180 Seconds Space Film Festival (180SSFF) by sharing their creative work in the genres of animation, fiction, or documentary.
The film festival will be centered on the theme of “Space Science, Technology and its applications”. The idea behind this is concept is to engage the talented community to explore the charm, wonders, and applications of space science and technology through their unique creativity. There is no registration or screening fee and multiple submissions are allowed.
The participants can look into the themes and ideas for their productions including;
- Peeping into the sky through Telescopes.
- Aliens and Extraterrestrial Life.
- Wonders of satellites and their constellations.
- Story of Launch Vehicles and Ground Stations.
- Life of an Astronaut, Life at Space Station, Space Life.
- Colonizing at other Planets.
- Mission Moon – Mission Mars.
- Astronomy, Astrophysics & Astrobiology.
- Space Travel.
- Space Mission Design.
- Careers in Space Technology.
- Satellite Technology Applications for Agriculture, Environment, Climate, Geoscience, Surveillance, Disaster & Hazard Management, Geo Forensic, Geo Health, Help and Rescue, Urban Planning, Communication, Navigation, Transportation, Meteorology, Smart Cities and Communities, etc.
Rules and Regulations of Space Film Festival:
About the format, the official told that the submission should be fit for public viewing and must not contain threats to any organization, place, group, religion, race, culture, or world peace. Any material that infringes national or international law and contains any obscene or vulgar material will automatically be disqualified.
The content of the submission should be original, copyright-free (common media license), and should not violate any third party’s intellectual property rights or any third party’s privacy rights. Entries once submitted cannot be removed and it should include a copyright declaration document that can be downloaded.
The short film can use any language or voice over and all submissions should have English subtitles. The sound effects and music used in films should be copyright-free and the entries should be only in MP4/MPEG/MOV formats and the quality of submissions should not be less than 720p. Once submitted, The entry will become an intellectual property of NCGSA and can be utilized in any capacity and at any platform.
The deadline for submission of the film is August 31, 2021, and the decision for the winners will be decided within the month of October. According to an official, the best film of each genre will be awarded a cash prize of 50,000 PKR along with a Certificate of Participation – for all the entries.
The five additional award titles include – Best Editing, Best Sound Design, Best Cinematography, Best Production Design, and Best Film poster.