Instagram announced a series of new updates for reel that make it more fun and easy to collaborate, create and share short-form videos. According to the company; “We want everyone to be able to easily express their creative ideas, so we’re adding new updates for reels that will allow you to capture, edit and share them.”
Details of Instagram’s New Reel Updates
The news updates for reels include; Enhanced Remix Features and Video Posts on Instagram
- Enhanced Remix Features: The enhanced Remix Features for reels includes:
- Remix for photos: You will be able to remix public photos that will give you limitless inspiration to create your own unique reel.
- Expanded Remix layouts: Choose between a green screen, horizontal or vertical split-screen, or picture-in-picture reaction view to add your own video commentary to existing reels.
- Add your clip: Instead of having your remix appear at the same time as the original reel, you can now add your clip after the original so it plays sequentially.
2. Video Posts on Instagram: Video posts shorter than 15 minutes will be shared as reels. The other features include:
- Discovery: If you have a public account, your new videos – now reels – may be eligible to be recommended and seen by more people on Instagram.
- Profile: Instagram will consolidate your video and Reels tab on your profile, so there will be one home for all of the videos of the user.
Creating Reels with Templates
Instagram has also enabled users to capture, edit and share reels right from their phones. To serve the purpose, Instagram has added:
- Templates: It will allow you to easily create reels by preloading audio and clip placeholders, so you can simply add your own photos or video clips.
- Dual: It will let you record content and your reaction at the same time. You can record using your phone’s front and back cameras simultaneously