WhatsApp has officially announced a new feature called ‘unread chat filter’ that will allow users to filter their unread messages. The new feature will display an unread filter option when someone is searching for messages or media in the conversation list, hence, allowing them to quickly access chats with unread messages. WhatsApp shared the update in a tweet; “Now you can sort your chats with an “unread” filter for extra control and organization. Never miss another message from papai or the message from your irmã asking why you didn’t respond to papai.”
Now you can sort your chats with an "unread" filter for extra control and organization. Never miss another message from papai or the message from your irmã asking why you didn't respond to papai 😂
— WhatsApp (@WhatsApp) August 22, 2022
Unread Chat Filter to Reorganize and Manage Messages More Efficiently
The unread Chat Filter was first spotted by WABetaInfo, the Whatsapp update tracking website. The publication shared a screenshot saying; “WhatsApp is planning to release multiple chat filters like the ability to quickly filter groups and non-contacts but, as you can see in this screenshot what we have now is an unread chat filter.” The Screenshot shows a blue-colored unread message filter appearing right next to the search bar hence making it easier for users to reorganize and manage their messages.
Here are a few basic steps that will tell you how to use the filter:
1. Open the WhatsApp app on your smartphone or desktop.
2. Go to the search option from the homepage of the messaging app
3. After taping on it, you will see multiple options including Unread, Photos, Videos, Links, GIFs, Audio, and Documents
4. Select the Unread option from the list
5. After tapping the Unread option, the app will show you all the unread chats
6. You can also disable the feature by tapping the filter button again or tapping “Clear filter”
Status Update From Chat List
The Meta-owned platform is working on another status-related update that will allow users to check the status of their friends and family members directly from the chat list rather than visiting a dedicated tab for status updates.