Apple has released new iOS 16 updates for worldwide iPhone users. The new software update was first revealed at Apple’s developer conference held in June followed by beta testers roll out. Finally, it is now available for all the stable versions and the users can check their iOS 16 update by following these simple steps:
- Go to settings
- Select software updates from the general option
- The device will show whether it is compatible with the iOS 16 update or not.
iOS 16 Update: Everything you Need to Know
The new iOS 16 update includes the following new functions
- The update will allow users to edit or unsend a message just 15 minutes after sending it, however, the other user can see whether you have deleted or unsent a message.
- The built-in Mail app on iPhones will allow users to schedule emails to send later and it also has a new undo send option.
- Android users will finally be able to see the reactions sent from iMessage users, like laughs, hearts, and more.
- Smarter Dictation lets users speak texts and automatically punctuates them with commas, semicolons, and even with emojis.
- Notifications now appear at the bottom of the screen that can be easily hidden to keep them out of the way.
- Users can customize their lock screens by adding widgets.
- Multiple stops can be added in Apple Maps.
- Medication and sleep tracking are now available in the health app.
- An updated and redesigned Apple Home Screen
- Siri can hang up a FaceTime or phone call and users can also move their FaceTime call from iPhone to another device.
List of Supporting Devices
Devices that are compatible with the new update include:
- iPhone 14, 14 Plus
- iPhone 14 Pro / Pro Max
- iPhone 13, 13 Mini
- iPhone 13 Pro / Pro Max
- iPhone 12, 12 Mini
- iPhone 12 Pro / 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro / 12 Pro Max
- iPhone XS, XS Max
- iPhone X, XR
- iPhone 8, 8 Plus
- iPhone SE (second generation or later)